Highly recommended, prompt, efficient and excellent work, definitely use again!
Do you have a home that’s more than 10 years old?
Do you want to install a new appliance such as an air conditioner or hotplate - but can’t add more to your old switchboard?
- Power outages
- Electrical fire
- Injury or death by electrocution
These risks are high especially if you have a home that’s more than 10 years old - and use outdated, dangerous electrical systems.
Do you need a switchboard upgrade?
Find out by taking this short questionnaire:
- Is your home more than 10 years old?
- Do you need more room in your switchboard?
- Are you using multiple extension cords?
- Do your lights flicker?
- Does a fuse blow when you use more than 1 or 2 standard appliances?
- Have you noticed heat coming from your fuse board?
- Do you have two-pronged outlets?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of these, keep reading...
Why are old switchboards dangerous?
Wiring systems and fuse boards - that were once perfect for homes - are not suited to the needs of the modern household.
Look around your home.
You may have any combination of TVs, computers, laptops, phones, heaters, kettles, pressure cookers, toasters, bedside lamps, pergola lights, baby monitors… the list goes on.
Most older fuse boards and switchboards use rewirable fuses made of ceramic - these don’t comply with current Australian safety standards. Making them extremely dangerous for you and your family
What difference will a switchboard upgrade make?
Look around your home and you’re likely to find a few appliances you’ve left switched on at the powerpoint. The heater. The kettle. The TV.
What would happen if there’s an electrical fault while these are being used? Fire, damage to your home and appliances, injury to you or your family - or even worse, death by electrocution.
Modern switchboards include circuit breakers and safety switches that the old switchboards don’t have.
It’ll cut the electricity supply if there’s an electrical fault. New switchboards:
- Save lives
- Prevent electrical cables from catching fire
- Protect appliances.
iConstruct Electrical Switchboard Services
- We’ll coordinate the process from start to finish.
We’ll only use high quality parts that we would use in our own home:
- Circuit breakers
- Safety switches
- Surge protection devices.
Save time and money: bundle your electrical services
Give yourself valuable peace of mind that all your electrical equipment is in good working order - while getting a good deal.
The following services can be taken care of at the same time as your switchboard upgrade:
- Exit and Emergency Light Testing
- Electrical equipment test and tag
- Circuit breaker tests
- Safety switch tests
- Smoke alarm testing
- LED lighting upgrades.
What you can expect
- Licensed and experienced electricians
- Guarantee on labour and parts
- 24 hour electrician emergency service
- Personal service with one main point of contact
- Certificate of Compliance provided with every job, big or small.
Contact us for a safe and professional upgrade of your switchboard.